Thursday, June 24, 2010

My Guardian Angel (chp.1)

My Guardian Angel
Chapter 1

It is a cloudy Friday evening and the Sun seems to be hiding behind the clouds.
Wearing all black while sitting on this ground next to a nicely carved tombstone won't stop me from thinking about this guy I once knew.
He was everything to me...
Well, I used to live with uncle Ed and aunt Nina back then, right after my lovely parents had an accident and gone forever.
I couldn't be that spoil brat, Farah anymore without mum and dad around.
Yes, I have to admit, I was a spoiled brat. Talk about the only child in the family.
However, my dark life began when I had to stay with uncle Ed and aunt Nina who can be ever so evil at times, since I was left nothing by my parents.
It was strange, how come my parents left nothing but a 'big zero' for me? Don't they love me all this while? Or were they gotten bankrupt right after the unexpected accident?
All they left for me was a custody for uncle Ed and aunt Nina to take care of me.
It was depressing but I had to accept and respect my late parents' decision. Maybe it was for my own good.
Why did I call it as my dark life at that moment? I'll tell you why.
Imagine if you're being bullied everywhere you go whether in school or even at home.
I wasn't a nerd, that is for sure. It was just that people looked down on me ever since I wasn't that rich high-class girl, no more.
And would you believe me if I tell you, all my friends kept themselves away from me and even my boyfriend dumped me just because I was labelled as a normal and typical girl like everyone else.
Clearly, they were close to me for only the fact that I was rich and been living in a luxurious lifestyle. I've lost everything but myself.
At home, I was treated like I was some sort of a servant to uncle Ed and aunt Nina. To add things worst, uncle Ed was an alcoholic. He tends to hit me for no reason whenever he was drunk.
Uncle Ed and aunt Nina's house was located near the beach, so everytime they went out and left me alone, I usually went out to the beach at night just to calm myself down and wondering when will all these crap that I had to face will be put to its end.
The beach was my only best friend. It was always empty, so I was always alone there.
But there was a day when I was surprised by a presence of an ever so fair looking guy. He was so fair, as fair as the snow. On top of that, his hair was jet-black making him look even more fair and pale too, just like a ghost, if you ask me.
It was hilarious how we've met. I remember the first word he said to me which was " Hey.." and I screamed my lungs out because I thought I was seeing a vision of a ghost.
He immediately took his hand out from his pocket to cover my mouth.
" Shush! The neighbors might hear you! "
I stopped myself from screaming once I have noticed that he was actually a human being, a guy, a really HOT guy.
He took his soft palm of hand gently away from my mouth and said, " Sorry, didn't mean to scare ya, doll. " And he gave me his 'Oh so gorgeous!' side smile.
" That's okay. " That was all I could say while I was pretending to ignore the fact that I was actually talking to a very HOT guy.
" Cool. " He smiled again.
His contagious smile melted my heart. Although, thank God I was not an easily blushed girl when talking to a stunning handsome guy. So, I asked him.
" Are you new here? Cause I've never seen you before. "
" Yeap! Mind if I join ya? " He sat beside me without waiting for my 'yes' or 'no' answer. "Dankeschön! "
" So, you're German? I thought you're Japanese or something. "
" Yeap! And no, you thought I am a ghost just then. "
" Haha right. " I laughed to his joke and his grammatical English error which makes him über cute!
" Opps, did I say it wrong? Sorry, I'm no good in English. " He said with his ever so kiddish tone.
" No worries, dear. As long as I can understand you, you'll be fine. "
" Awesome! My name is Yu! " He grinned and offered a handshake.
" You? As in Y-O-U? " I was a bit confused.
" Nein, nein. Yu. Y-U. Y is for Yummy and U is for Unique. So, Y-U. Yu! " Yu said with a big smile on his flawless face.
" Right. I get you, now. I like your name, Yu. "
" It's actually Hannes De Buhr. But people call me Yu, often. What's your name anyway? " Said the curious Yu.
" Well, nice to meet you, Yu. You can just call me, Farah. " I said happily.
" Farah, sounds nice! " Yu grinned again. " So, what are you doing here? "
" You know, you seems to be very friendly. "
" Well, that's just me. Plus, I've been in a very long flight from Germany and just arrived a couple of minutes ago, so better not waste the time and meet my new neighbor while she's still around. “
" Aww..that's so nice of you. "
Yu just grinned and said, " So, what are you doing here in the middle of night? You haven't answered that question of mine. "
" Since you're so nice, Yu. I'm gonna tell you why. In fact, I'll you everything from A-Z, okay? " I smiled sweetly at him.
" Okay. I can stay here all night to hear a story from a lovely girl like you. "' Yu smiled back.
From that moment, I knew Yu was going to change my dull and empty life. Knowing Yu has made me smile again. To tell you the truth, I wasn't be able to put a smile on my face ever since the day mum and dad left the world.
But thanks to Yu, I could smile like I used to all over again.
It took only a few days until Yu and I became good friends. We were like so comfortable with each other. So, it wasn't a surprise to see us got clicked in a simple way.
The one thing I admire about Yu is that he tends to always protect me. He was like my angel. He would never let anyone hurt me.
He was always there for me which sometimes made other people envious of me especially all the girls in my school.
There was this one incident that happened on this particular day which totally changed the relationship tied between us.
I had a fight with aunt Nina while we were on the way home from my night class and she ended up dropping me off halfway home.
Thus, I had to walk home alone at that night. I wouldn't want to bother Yu because I knew he had help me enough.
So, without feeling hesitated or scared, I brave myself up to walk and reach my home.
Plus, uncle Ed and aunt Nina's house wasn't that too far. While I was walking along the empty streets, I felt like somebody was behind me.
I turned around and saw a jerk who can also be called as my ex-boyfriend. He's been following me all the way long.
" Why are you following me, Taylor? " I said with a curiousity.


to be continued...



0 comments: