Monday, June 21, 2010

In Die Nacht Für Immer (chp.4)

In Die Nacht Für Immer

CHAPTER 4
If you ask me, that day was the darkest day that has ever happened to Bill's life, losing his only twin, Tom. After they buried Tom six feet under, Bill was sent back to the hospital because his sickness was getting worse. He was so weak like he have lost the other part of him which is totally true. Bill is empty without Tom by his side. Thankfully, his mom gave him strength to live. I knew it wasn't enough for Bill but I'm glad too see him feeling a lot better now, even though he's been talking nonsense about Tom, lately.
" And you're right. Tom's not gonna come back to take me, tonight. I guess, I thought my dream was real...since you know, when the clock strikes 12, tonight. I'll be turning 21 and so do Tom. It's the day that we've been waiting for in our entire life..Turning 21 means freedom. Well, I get overexcited and forgetting that I'll be celebrating all by myself now." Bill says and let out a big sigh!
" You don't have to..I can celebrate with you if you want an accompany. " I offer Bill.
" Thanks, Elle...but I don't think I'm up for it anymore..and danke fo
r being concerned about me and all.."
" Bill, I made a promise to Tom to take care of you..a promise is a promise and I'll never break that.."
" I'm glad you're our bestie, Elle. You're the best! " Bill pulls me into his arm and give me a warm friendly hug.
I leave his place feeling kinda happy, seeing that Bill can finally accept Tom's death.

Did I mention to you that I am actually the Kaulitz twins' neighbour? So yeah, sometimes I can take a peek on Bill from my bedroom window since my room is opposite with his. Don't get me wrong, I only look at him at certain times, not 24 hours like seeing him do some private stuff as if I'm a stalker or something, LOL. Although, we do communicate through windows, sometimes. Well, that night, I decide to open my window just to take some fresh air and I see Bill through his windows. It is quite weird to see Bill.
He is all smart-up, wearing a plain white shirt and a black pants, his hair is up like always with his amazing smoky eyes and all, like he is going to a formal party or something. I stop and wonder, " Where is he gonna go? It's almost midnight! And I thought he's not in a mood to celebrate his 21st birthday.."
" Bill! " I shout his name from my window just to make him notice me.
Bill wave a little, smile sweetly and without saying a word, he close his curtain so that I couldn't see him no more. Again, Bill is acting somehow strange.He usually say something back to me, not shut the curtain entirely! Well, I guess he needs sometime alone. So, I am not mad nor as I am upset for what he just did. He's been having a rough time, these days. Let him do whatever he wants. I'll wish him the first thing in the morning.

On the very next morning, I freshen myself up, eat my breakfast and head straight to the Kaulitz's house.
" Guten Morgen, Elle! " Mrs. Kaulitz greets as she open the door.
" Guten Morgen! " I smiles.
" You're here to see, Bill. Is that right. sweetie? "
" Yes, indeed! "
" Come inside, he hasn't come down yet and I don't wanna wake him up because I was preparing a special breakfast for him."
" Oh that's wonderful! "
" But I'm all set now..since you're already here, why don't you go and wake him up. And then, we can have that breakfast together with the birthday boy. "
" I could do that.." I hop happily up the stairs and head to Bill's room.
" Knock, knock! Yuhuu, Bill! " I open his bedroom door.
" Wakey, wakey! Rise and shine, birthday boy! " I enter his ever so dark room with the curtain still closed and for some reason, it feels so cold inside.
" Okay, this is weird. " I say to myself. In fact, I can hear ' In Die Nacht ' is playing on the stereo.
" Bill.." I call his name as soon as I sit beside his bed where he is lying straight on his back, with a smile on his face and strangely, still wearing the formal attire that is worn by him last night.
" Bill..." I shake him gently to wake him up. I feel some sort of coldness when my skin touches his hand.
" Bill.." I shake him again and yet there is still no response from Bill.
" This is scary! " I thought. The word "PANIC" is written all over my face.
" Bill, why aren't you awake? Can't you hear me? Bill! " I shake him ever so hard, wanting his dazzling brown-chestnut eyes to be wide open. Little by little drop of tears coming out from my eyes, and at the same time, I brave myself up to check on Bill's pulse.
" Bill...."

to be continued...




0 comments: