Saturday, August 6, 2011

Miraculous

I dug out my stuff, today and found an old story of mine, written back then when I was still in school. I still remember, this story has made me fallen in love with writing. Yeah, this story is basically the starting point of where my passion for writing ignites! And I would like to share with all of you ;) Okay, since it was being written when I was still young, I have to alter a bit just to make it more interesting but of course, the storyline is too direct and I won't change that, just to keep the originality of it. And hey hey, I've changed the characters though, since it is a set of twins, tell me which twins would be more perfect other than the Kaulitz twins? Haha, enjoy ;)

Miraculous


“I told you not to climb up that tree.” I whispered to the pretty looking guy who is lying on the hospital bed, unconscious. Drop after drop of tears begin to fall down my cheeks. Bill, my lover suffered a serious head injury due to the incident that happened last month which Bill accidently fell off from the Oak tree located at the park opposite of our houses. “It’s been a month already, when will you be awake? I miss you, love.” I stare at the guy with a bandage wrapped around his head. I hold Bill’s hand tightly and unwillingly to let go. I will never leave Bill alone in this quiet yet boring room. That is why, I come here almost everyday after class. “I need you, Bill. Please wake up.” I say to him hoping that he will hear my voice. I don’t care how long it takes for him to wake up, I have promised to myself to wait until Bill’s dazzling chestnut brown eyes are wide open again. Unfortunately, the doctor said that Bill might have a memory loss because of the damage to his brain. So, there is a chance that he will forget all about me, Nia, his best friend since he was a kid and also his present girlfriend.


I met Bill when I was four years old. I still remember the first time we met each other was at the park, right beneath the same Oak tree where Bill recently fell. I saw Bill sit on the grassy ground, leaning to the tree with a sad look on his face. I jumped out of the swing and had the courage to ask that lonely boy, what was up with him.


“Hey there, why are you sad?”


Bill looked at me with his puppy eyes and replied, “I didn’t get any gummy bear. My mum won’t let me have one . She said I am a naughty boy but Tom can have it.”


That was Bill, he has always been feeling envy of his own twin brother, yet until now. Although, I can’t really blame him from being like that. It is because his parents paid a little more attention to Tom and barely even noticed that they had another terrific son named Bill. There are so many differences between Bill and Tom. Tom is great in everything especially in his studies which makes Mr. and Mrs. Kaulitz so proud of him. Bill, on the other hand is not doing very well though. It’s not like I wanted to say Tom is the brilliant twin here, Bill is just not so good when it comes to memorizing history, measuring chemicals and dealing with numbers like Tom is.


However, Bill’s talented skills can be seen through his artwork. Bill is very artistic and creative. He loves art! Art is like the number one thing that he is superb in. Sad thing was, his parents were not quite joyed when Bill told them that he wanted to be an artist but when they heard Tom was planning to be an engineer in the future, they were totally psyched about it. Poor Bill, his parents did not understand him or care for his desires. Whenever he feels down, he will climb up that big and tall tree, sit on the strong branch and just gaze over the beautiful view of the lake nearby. He usually did his sketch or drawing while he was up on that tree.


I spotted Bill one day, sitting calmly on the branch while he was daydreaming. “Hey, up there!” I interuppted his thoughts. Bill smiled and took careful steps to climb down the Oak tree to greet me. “You know, you shouldn’t be on top of this tree. It’s dangerous!” I warned him.


“Nia Nia, you see, I’m not harmed nor hurt, I’m safe and sound on the ground, now. Don’t worry too much, my angel.” Bill squeezed me with his big hug and kiss my forehead to show his little appreciation of having someone who cares for him a lot.


“You just love to be up there, aren’t you, baby?” I asked while playfully pinching his cheeks.


“Uh huh.” Bill answerd and he then gave another kiss, not on my forehead but it was on my lips. It was tender enough to let me reply him with an “I love you” phrase. We were in love and the tree itself seen it all.


Bill once told me that being on that tree helps him to forget all the problems that got tangled in his head. When his mind is clear, nothing would stop him from concentrating on his drawing. Thus, this is the right place to find him when he was nowhere to be found. Bill shared the story about his mum and dad being unfair to him on that particular day. He always thought that he was left high and dry and not being loved by his parents. Mr. and Mrs. Kaulitz love Bill but sadly, their love was more on Tom. It all changed now. Bill’s parents care a lot about him since he still in a coma.


On the day before the incident happened, I knew Bill had a row with his parents about his decision to study in an Art college. I could hear everything because I was on the front door of the Kaulitz’s residence to meet Bill. “You know what? If you won’t let me go, just say it! Don’t pretend you really care what I want!” Snapped Bill as soon as his parents showed a sign of objection as to give them some time to think about him enrolling in his choice of college. Bill left his house and went straight to the park. I chased after him, after that and I startled to find that my Bill was lying on the ground with a few bruises on his arms and legs. His head was bleeding badly too. I was too late! Now, here I am sitting on the chair next to Bill’s bed, pray that he will not have amnesia.


Although, sooner or later I have to be ready to accept the fact that he might forget about me, eventually when he wakes up. I rest my head beside Bill and drown myself in tears. All of the sudden, a sound of weak cough breaks the silence. “Bill!” I shout as he slowly opens his eyes to have a look around. “Where am I?” he murmurs.


“Oh Bill, I’m glad you’re awake, baby!” I give him a soft hug. Feeling so happy, I tend to forget on breaking the news to his family and at the same time, ignore his question.


“Erm...who are you?” Bill asks with a weird expression look of a face assuming that he thinks I’m like a stranger who hugs him out of nowhere. It’s hard to feed the fact that Bill doesn’t know who I really am. My happy thoughts are shattered to pieces when Bill spill out that question to me. I totally forgot about the possibility for him to have amnesia.


A few minutes later, I stay outside when his family and the doctor are all in his hospital room. I don’t dare to go inside to face Bill again because clearly he didn’t even know who I am to him anymore. Tom joins me at the bench outside the room. “The doctor said it takes time for him to get back to the old him. He needs a lot of support from his family, friends and of course, you. We can work it out, right?”


I feel as if there’s a dagger poking into my heart and it’s hurting me. I leave the hospital not believing that there is still hope for Bill to recover. Day after day, I refrain myself from seeing Bill even though he already knows that I used to own his heart. I can see Bill has a pretty happy life, now. Mr. and Mrs. Kaulitz are more concerned about him. So, I don’t want Bill to recall his old memories which is full of depression. Such painful past shall be forgotten and erased and if it involves me, so shall be it.


On Sunday morning, not knowing what to do, I take a walk on the park. The park is empty as always, that’s what I thought. I ride the swing alone with a sense of loneliness filling my body and soul while the wind blows gently, sweeping my long brown hair down my shoulder. I catch a glimspe on the Oak tree where there is young man sitting beneath it with a pencil on his hand, wondering what he will draw on his sketch book. “I can’t believe Bill still loves that old Oak tree even after he had lost his memories.” I can’t help it but to stare at him and it makes me miss him so much.


Without a minute to lose, I stop the swing and went straight to approach him, “Hey you.” I greet with a sweet smile and land my butt on the ground, sitting beside him.


“Oh hey, Nia right?” Surely Tom has mentioned to him about me.


“Yeah. So, how are you? Good?” I ask him coyly.


“Never been better.” He grins.


“I guess you still love hanging out here.”


“Well yeah, this is my favourite spot, back then. Tom told me. I can see why I love to be around here. It gives me that peaceful atmosphere to think. Serenity! I’m starting to like this spot all over again.” He says in his joyful tone ever.


“You sounded exactly like the old you, except the old you like to be up there.” I point the branch above me and him.


“True. But I’m not going to climb this tree for sure, now. It’s better off for me to just sit here rather than being up there!” He give me another charming smiles of his.

“Yeah, I’ve told you a million times not climb up this tree but nooooo, you won’t listen.” I remind him in a playful laughing way.

“I’m sorry, Nia. I never meant to erase you from my memory.” Bill getting serious as he feels guilty for not remembering me.

“Things happen for a reason, Bill.” I sigh.

“I will try my best to put you back into my mind and life. But I need your help with that.”

“It’s okay, Bill. You don’t need to trouble yourself because of me.”

“No, I want you to be by my side like you used to, Nia. You know, even though I can’t really recall who are you exactly but I keep seeing you in my dreams. It feels as though you are someone who seems very special to me. I want to know you again and I want you to remind me of all our memories that we’ve gone through, Nia!” He begs and also shows his drawings of me in his sketch book. "You once paint my world, Nia with your presence and your love. Please don't lose your hope on me."

Bill stares at my watery eyes and with a smile on his face, he wipes the tears away while putting his arms around me. I let out more tears and put my head on his shoulder. He then, slowly reach my lips to give me his kiss that I’ve been missing out all this while. I guess, the Oak tree witnesses different chapters and events of Bill’s lives. How miracle can it be?


The End.


0 comments: